The Deakin University Australia Scholarships 2024-25 are available to both domestic and international students seeking admission to research master’s or doctoral degree programs in Australia. The Scholarship is a combination of the Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) and the Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR).
There are two types of scholarships available to domestic and international students, the RTP scholarship which covers relocation allowances, research fees, and tuition amounts, and the DUPR scholarship which covers tuition amounts only.
SUMMARY OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deakin University & Australian Government
- Host Institution(s): Deakin University, Australia
- Scholarship Worth: A stipend of $33,500 per annum
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Master’s and Doctoral degrees in research
- Nationality: Domestic or International Students
Eligibility Criteria of Deakin University Australia Scholarships 2024-25
To be eligible for Deakin University Australia Scholarships 2024-25, the following requirements must be met:
- HDR students at Deakin University must be domestic or international students
- HDR fees cannot be offset by an equivalent Commonwealth award or scholarship
- As part of their course of study, applicants cannot receive income from another source that is more than 75 percent of their RTP or DUPRS stipend rate as a basis for supporting general living costs. A student’s income unrelated to his or her course of study or income received for that course of study but not for the purpose of supporting general living expenses cannot be considered.
- Deakin University’s research degree entry pathways page provides information on admission requirements for HDR courses.
- For information about our Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Policy, please refer to the Further Information section below.
If you are successful in your application for the Deakin University Australia Scholarships 2024-25, you will be eligible to receive the following stipend as well as allowances:
- Tax-exempt stipend of $33,500 per year (effective 28/05/2023)
- Students moving from interstate or overseas will be awarded a relocation allowance of $500 – $1,500 (for singles or families) from 28/05/2023, a tax-free stipend of $33,500 will be available to study at Deakin
- A single overseas student health insurance policy for the duration of the student visa is available to international students only.
A prospective Deakin student’s application process differs depending on the Faculty or Institute he or she wishes to study in. The faculty or institute will advise you if you need to submit a formal application through the Applicant Portal or if you should submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
This form should be completed by HDR students wishing to apply for a Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) or Deakin University Australia Scholarships 2024-25.