As part of the Community Solutions Program 2022, enthusiastic professionals will have the opportunity to develop their leadership skills. Through the 2022 CSP, participants have an opportunity to work for the progress and betterment of their communities for a year. Furthermore, the leadership and exchange program in the USA provides an opportunity for participants from all over the world to have interactive sessions and to learn from each other.
-A fellowship in the IREX Community Solutions Program 2022 takes place in the United States for four months. As fellows, they are assigned to organizations throughout the country during these four months. This fully-funded exchange program provides fellows with an opportunity to broaden their vision and transform them into highly influential future leaders over the course of a full year. CSP fellows have made notable impacts on their communities in terms of gender equality, advocacy, climate preservation and peace, among a number of other positive contributions.
In its second year of operation, IREX has also announced its global fellowship program, funded by the United States federal government. In the United States, fellows take part in a program that is fully-funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. The institute selects the most suitable participants, and from there provides specialized training and individual coaching. The fellows at CSP develop their management as well as leadership skills by participating in in-person and virtual training, receiving professional direction, and connecting with alumni.
Community Solutions Program initiatives are focused on helping communities lift themselves out of poverty. Through the CSP fellowship, fellows are equipped with the skills necessary to pursue community action programs when they return home. This year marks the tenth anniversary of the Community Solutions Program. The success of today can be attributed to the effective and dynamic leadership of CSP.
Since founding this full-pay fellowship, the CSP has produced 748 fellows from 83 countries who have furthered community development in over 600,000 communities. IREX has 129 partners from 129 cities in the U.S. as part of its leadership program. Thus, this program provides international fellows with the most enriching and challenging experiences through the variety of tasks in which they are engaged.
Brief details of Community Solutions Program 2022 in the USA:
Duration for this exchange program: 1 year.
- Africa: Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Botswana,Zambia, and Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Liberia, Uganda,
- East Asia and the Pacific: Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Indonesia, Laos, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam, Brunei, Fiji, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines,
- Europe:Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, and Ukraine, Albania, the Czech Republic, Malta, Slovakia, Romania.
- The Middle East and North Africa: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Syria, West Bank/Palestinian Territories, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.
- South and Central Asia: Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, Turkmenistan, Maldives, Sri Lanka.
- Western Hemisphere: Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela, Bolivia, Guatemala, Guyana, Uruguay, Suriname.
- Participants will receive support for their J-1 visas.
- Travel expenses from the participants’ home cities to the U.S. are covered by the fellowship.
- An accommodation, meal, and living expense allowance will be provided each month to the participants.
- Insurance coverage will be provided for accident and sickness insurance.
- A candidate must be between 25 and 38 years of age (by January 1, 2022).
- All applicants must be citizens of the listed countries.
- You must be a resident and employee of your home country.
- We will give preference to those who are refugees and still work for the benefit of their home countries.
- Applicants should be either full-time or part-time community development professionals.
- Applicants may not currently be enrolled in a US university or undertaking a U.S. research project.
- English proficiency is required. It is expected that the applicant will provide results of the IELTS or TOEFL. A semifinalist (if selected)
- A travel authorization must be available from August to December 2022 for the applicant to remain in the U.S.
- In order to qualify, the applicant cannot be a citizen, permanent resident, or a citizen applicant.
- A person applying for a job at IREX must not be an employee or have a close relative who works at IREX.
- The program must be completed within two years after the applicants return to their home country.
- All questions must be answered, especially those marked with a red sign. In the absence of a relevant response, write N/A. Make sure there are no blank spaces. Your answers should be written in English except for the names and places (please do not translate these into English, you only need to write them in the English alphabet).
- A single application can be submitted per applicant. A person who uses more than one email account to apply is disqualified.
- On October 27, 2021, the IREX Community Solutions Program in the USA 2022 will close its application period.